37.5 hours per week, working directly with residents, stakeholders and local communities to foster services that support the Charity through engagement with our residents.
Salary £26,290 per annum
About the job
This is a new role; the Community Assistant will be the first port of call for all residents. To be responsible for the day-to-day queries, by providing a professional service, which recognises the individuality and independence of residents. To represent the Charity and act as a catalyst to bring services to residents and integrate the Almshouse into the local community.
The Community Assistant will carry out wellbeing checks and signpost residents to external agencies as required. Engaging with residents and supporting the community in accessing a programme of wellbeing and social initiatives, that help support and give a voice to issues affecting residents such as improved wellbeing and a reduction in loneliness. Developing relationships with partner agencies that provide wellbeing opportunities and links for residents with key community groups, local stakeholders and volunteers. Ensuring compliance with all legal, statutory, regulatory requirements and Eventide Homes’ policies.
· motivated and committed self-starter with strong organisational skills.
· able to work collaboratively and communicate information clearly and effectively with others.
· worked within the Almshouse, health or social, or housing sector.
· familiar with Support Planning.
· committed to resident engagement and sees values in services designed and delivered with residents.
· understand safeguarding issues for vulnerable people.
We offer a range of benefits including
· Health Care
· Life Assurance
· Auto enrolled Workplace pension scheme
· Friendly working environment
· Paid Annual Holiday Leave, Public Holidays and rest breaks
· Annual pay review
The Almshouse movement has existed for over a thousand years, typically for those of limited circumstances in their later years. The Eventide Homes is just one of the estimated 1,600 plus almshouse’s in the UK. Founded in 1935 by Alderman John Edgecombe, our Charity’s aims are to enhance the quality of life of our residents by providing safe, well-maintained homes upon attractive grounds with a vibrant sense of community.
For more information about this role, please contact Joe Waters our CEO on 01202 515399